Flames engulf historic Pulaski home

An historic home in the Pulaski community was engulfed by fire in the early morning hours on Saturday. Firefighters were called to the home of Scott and Beth Carroll on Railroad Street around 4:30 a.m. on March 27. 

A resident, who was alone in the home at the time, was awakened by a smoke alarm and safely escaped the fire, which is believed to have started in the laundry room area of the structure. Bulloch County Fire Department assisted in battling the blaze which rose over tree tops. 

The Georgia State Fire Marshall’s Office was contacted to help determine cause and origin of the fire, according to reports from Metter Fire-Rescue.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.